CityFibre is currently creating Gigabit Cities across the UK
Imagine a lightning fast connection, to everyone and everything, running all the way into your home, with speeds of up to 1000 Megabits per second. This isn’t just fast, or superfast, but Full Fibre Fast….
Download a music file in less than 1 second, a TV episode in around 3 seconds, or a full movie in about 2 minutes….
Gigabit Cities are our future and will transform the way we work, play and live. You can read all about them here
Do you have a budding entrepreneur, artist or inventor in your family?
Are you someone who is always coming up with new ideas?
Are you aged 7 to 18?
Unleash your creativity and show us what cities could look like with limitless internet speeds.
From services using drones to virtual reality meetings, the only limit is your imagination.
CityFibre and The Skills Service have partnered up to launch the ‘Inspire Your City’ Challenge
We want you to create a brand new product or service which makes full use of the amazing speed of Full Fibre broadband.
Imagine the coolest tech from your favourite sci-fi movie and you get the idea…..
It may be something that helps people, provides a new way of doing a task, makes a business more efficient, saves energy or reduces costs
INSPIRE YOUR CITY and create positive change within your own community.
If you are representing a school, please email us at email@example.com to request our ‘Inspire Your City’ digital resource pack and Challenge brief. This resource pack is FREE of charge and is great for budding entrepreneurs and STEM students alike. You can support home learning, help students with the challenge or deliver an isolated lesson plan – the choice is yours!
Schools may enter ONE submission – please pick the best idea from your school and enter that to the Challenge, using the submission form below, along with any supporting documents. You can even host your own school challenge to get the best ideas….
Educated at home entries will be classed as individual entries – please use this category when making your submission.
You can download a detailed ‘School brief’ from here with further information.
To submit your entry please complete this form – Inspire Your City Submission Form
All entries must be submitted by an adult aged 18 or over, even if this is an entry on behalf of a child aged 7-17. School entries must be submitted by a member of staff.
1. The Promoter of the Challenge is The Skills Service (company registration number 09242948) whose registered office is Allia Future Business Centre, London Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE2 8AN.
2. In partnership with The Promoter, CityFibre Limited (company registration number 09759465) whose registered office is at 15 Bedford Street, London WC2E 9HE, shall act as the Sponsor of the Challenge.
3. The Terms and Conditions relating to the Challenge are as set out below. The instructions and rules on the website https://www.theskillsservice.co.uk/inspireseries/inspire-your-city/ also form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Challenge is open nationally to anyone aged 7 – 18 with parental consent for anybody under 18 years old. Employees of the Promoter and the Sponsor, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Challenge are excluded from entering.
5. By entering the Challenge, the Participant are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
6. All Participants are required to provide their full name, email address and contact telephone number.
7. Each Participant can only enter once in one category listed below:
Individual aged 7 -12 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Individual aged 13 – 18 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Primary School (entered by a staff member on the students’ behalf) Secondary School (entered by a staff member on the students’ behalf) Educated outside of School (entered by parent/guardian/teacher on students’ behalf)
8. The Challenge is FREE to enter, and no purchase is necessary. Any costs incurred by the Participant in making an entry to the Challenge shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant.
9. The Participant must submit entry via the Submission Form in accordance with the Challenge instructions and rules. Upon successful submission of the entry, the Participant will receive an email message confirming receipt of entry by the Promoter.
10. The opening date for entries is 18 August 2020 at 09:00 (GMT). The Challenge will end on Friday 25 June 2021.
11. In entering the Challenge, the Participant confirms that s/he is eligible to do so. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Challenge.
12. The Promoter will not accept entries that are (i) automatically generated by a computer, (ii) completed by third parties or in bulk, (iii) illegal, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, (iv) offensive, or (v) incomplete. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind. Proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Challenge will not be accepted.
14. One winner from the individual entries will be chosen per quarter by a judging panel made up of local business people, representatives of The Promoter and the Sponsor, and other suitable persons at the discretion of the Promoter. The first winner will be announced around December 2020, the second winner in January 2021, third winner in April 2021 and fourth in July 2021.
15. Each winner from the individual entries will receive a £100 voucher of their choice from the following options – Amazon, iTunes/Apple Store, Google Play Store.
School prizes will be awarded as follows: One £500 tech voucher for the winning Primary school; One £500 tech voucher for the winning Secondary school; One £250 voucher for the runner-up Primary school; One £250 tech voucher for the runner-up Secondary school.
16. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 3 working days of being notified by the Promoter or if a winner does not provide proof of address, then that winner will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
17. The winners will receive their prizes electronically within 6 weeks of the judges decision.
18. The Prize for a winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
20. The decision of the judging panel is final as to the winning entries and the decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Challenge is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
21. The Promoter must make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will announce the full name, category entered and county of each winner on social media channels within 21 days of the closing date of the Challenge. If the Participant objects to the publication of his/her full name, county and the submitted work, please notify the Promoter upon entry.
22. The Promoter and the Sponsor may exercise their sole discretion to use a winner’s name, address and the winner’s submitted work in future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes in any media nationally without notice and without any fee being paid to the winner or any other persons.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award winners places to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the Challenge where it becomes necessary to do so.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and the Sponsor will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Participants, or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Challenge except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Sponsor or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
27. Information and data which is provided by Participants when entering the Challenge shall be held by the Promoter and its suppliers in order to administer the Challenge.
29. By submitting your Challenge entry and any accompanying material, you agree to (i) assign to the Promoter and the Sponsor all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and (ii) waive all moral rights, in and to your Challenge entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
30. The Challenge will be governed by English Law and Participants to the Challenge submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts.