CityFibre is currently creating Gigabit Cities across the UK
Imagine a lightning fast connection, to everyone and everything, running all the way into your home, with speeds of up to 1000 Megabits per second. This isn’t just fast, or superfast, but Full Fibre Fast….
Download a music file in less than 1 second, a TV episode in around 3 seconds, or a full movie in about 2 minutes….
Gigabit Cities are our future and will transform the way we work, play and live. You can read all about them here
Do you have a budding entrepreneur, artist or inventor in your family?
Are you someone who is always coming up with new ideas?
Do you live in either Peterborough or Cambridge?
Are you aged 7 to 18?
Unleash your creativity and show us what the cities of Peterborough and Cambridge could look like with limitless internet speeds.
From services using drones to virtual reality meetings, the only limit is your imagination.
CityFibre and The Skills Service have partnered up to launch the ‘Inspire Your City’ Challenge
We want you to create a product or service which makes full use of the amazing speed of Full Fibre broadband.
Imagine the coolest tech from your favourite sci-fi movie and you get the idea…..
It may be something that helps the community, provides a new way of doing a task, makes a business more efficient, saves energy or reduces costs
INSPIRE YOUR CITY and create positive change within your own community.
ENTER NOW FOR A CHANCE TO WIN ONE OF OUR AMAZING PRIZES
EVERY ENTRY WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW TO WIN A £50 GIFT CARD
If you are representing a school in Peterborough or Cambridge, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like details of our ‘Inspire Your City’ digital resource pack. This resource pack is FREE of charge and is great for budding entrepreneurs and STEM students alike. You can support home learning, help students with the challenge or deliver an isolated lesson plan – the choice is yours! We will be delivering a limited number of ‘Inspire Your City’ events in schools in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire post lockdown so get in touch for details and to reserve a place for your school.
To submit your entry please complete this form – Inspire Your City Submission Form
Closing date for entries is 5pm Friday 28 August 2020
All terms and conditions can be found at the bottom this page.
There are some fantastic prizes on offer both to the winners of the challenge and to to all those who enter.
Every accepted submission we receive will be entered into a FREE prize draw to win your choice from one of the following prizes:
This challenge is open to residents of Peterborough and Cambridge only. All entries must be submitted by an adult aged 18 or over, even if this is an entry on behalf of a child aged 7-17.
1. The Promoter of the Challenge is The Skills Service (company registration number 09242948) whose registered office is Allia Future Business Centre, London Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE2 8AN.
2. In partnership with The Promoter, CityFibre Limited (company registration number 09759465) whose registered office is at 15 Bedford Street, London WC2E 9HE, shall act as the Sponsor of the Challenge.
3. The Terms and Conditions relating to the Challenge are as set out below. The instructions and rules on the website https://www.theskillsservice.co.uk/schools/inspireyourcity/ also form part of these Terms and Conditions. 4. The Challenge is open only to adults who are aged 18 years or over and are residents of Peterborough and Cambridge, and exclude employees of the Promoter and the Sponsor, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Challenge. Entries may be submitted by an adult aged 18 years or over, on behalf of a minor aged 7 to 17 years.
5. By entering the Challenge, the Participant are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
6. All Participants are required to provide their full name, email address and contact telephone number.
7. Each Participant can only enter once in one category listed below, and for one city:
Cambridge Aged 7 -12 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Aged 13 – 17 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Family/ Household (entered by an adult aged 18 years or over)
Peterborough Aged 7 -12 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Aged 13 – 17 years (entered by parent/guardian on minor’s behalf) Family/ Household (entered by an adult aged 18 years or over).
8. The Challenge is FREE to enter, and no purchase is necessary. Any costs incurred by the Participant in making an entry to the Challenge shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant.
9. The Participant must submit entry via the Submission Form in accordance with the Challenge instructions and rules. Upon successful submission of the entry, the Participant will receive an email message confirming receipt of entry by the Promoter.
10. The opening date for entries is 4th May 2020 at 09:00 (GMT). The closing date of the Challenge is 28th August 2020 at 17:00 (GMT). Entries received after this time and date will not be included in the Challenge.
11. In entering the Challenge, the Participant confirms that s/he is eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Challenge.
12. The Promoter will not accept entries that are (i) automatically generated by a computer, (ii) completed by third parties or in bulk, (iii) illegal, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, (iv) offensive, or (v) incomplete. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind. Proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Challenge will not be accepted.
14. One winner will be chosen for each category in each city by a judging panel made up of local business people, representatives of The Promoter and the Sponsor, and other suitable persons at the discretion of the Promoter.
15. Each winner will be eligible to choose one Prize from the list of items shown above.
16. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. If requested, winners are required to provide proof of address to claim the Prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 3 working days of being notified by the Promoter or if a winner does not provide proof of address, then that winner’s Prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
17. The Prize will be sent to the winners by Royal Mail Registered Post (signature required) within 6 weeks of the judges decision.
18. The Prize for a winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferrable and no cash alternative is offered.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
20. The decision of the judging panel is final as to the winning entries and the decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Challenge is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
21. The Promoter must make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will announce the full name, category entered and county of each Prize winner on [insert social media channels] within 21 days of the closing date of the Challenge. If the Participant objects to the publication of his/her full name, county and the submitted work, please notify the Promoter upon entry. 22. The Promoter and the Sponsor may exercise their sole discretion to use a winner’s name, address and the winner’s submitted work in future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes in any media nationally without notice and without any fee being paid to the winner or any other persons.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the Challenge where it becomes necessary to do so.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and the Sponsor will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Participants, or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Challenge except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Sponsor or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
27. Information and data which is provided by Participants when entering the Challenge shall be held by the Promoter and its suppliers in order to administer the Challenge.
29. By submitting your Challenge entry and any accompanying material, you agree to (i) assign to the Promoter and the Sponsor all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and (ii) waive all moral rights, in and to your Challenge entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
30. The Challenge will be governed by English Law and Participants to the Challenge submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts.